Metro Plywood is one of the Best Plywood Brands Distributor in Hyderabad
We Classify PLYWOOD into 3 different categories based on quality and usage, (For your easy understanding we are giving rating to our product based on quality and price)
- Commercial Plywood ( Non- Waterproof Plywood or 303 Grade Plywood)
- Marine Plywood ( Waterproof Plywood or 710 Grade Plywood)
- Structural Grade Plywood ( Waterproof Plywood or 10701 Grade Plywood)
1. Commercial Plywood: ( Non- Waterproof Plywood or 303 Grade Plywood)
- This plywood is generally used for commercial purpose or short term purpose; it can also be defined as low grade plywood.
- This plywood is made out of hardwood mostly manufactured in Kerala.
- Price of this Plywood is cheap as compared to other two.
- Rating to this Product ( 3/5)
NOTE: However Commercial grade plywood can be converted in to waterproof Plywood by using the method of DIPPING, Dipping literally means dipping the plywood sheet into chemical mixture; i.e a mixture of Copper Sulphate, Sodium Dichromate, Chromic Acid, Boric Acid & Water.
2. Marine Plywood : ( Waterproof Plywood or 710 Grade Plywood)
Marine Plywood is again sub divided into 3 categories based on quality and material used in manufacturing, following is the classification:
A) Poplar Plywood :
- Its layers are made out of Poplar tree and hardwood.
- It is the starting range of waterproof plywood after dipping plywood as mentioned in commercial plywood category.
- It is generally used in manufacturing furniture like wardrobes..ets
- Rating to this product (4/5)
B) Alternate Plywood:
- Its layers are made out of three veneer sheets i.e Poplar tree, Hardwood, Red Core ( generally reddish tone layer, sometimes white tone as well)
- It is the medium range of plywood used in the manufacture of Cupboards, beds, other furniture.
- Rating to this product (4.5/5)
C) Red core Plywood:
- In this Plywood layers are same as alternate but red core is more as compared to other two.
- It is generally termed as high end product for the making of interior related furniture.
- Rating to this product is (5/5)
3. Structural Grade Plywood (Waterproof Plywood or 10701 Grade Plywood)
- Structural grade plywood is HIGH END or TOP END product where it will be difficult to find any flaw.
- Again here also red core is used but only major difference is sorted red core layers or veneers are used in the manufacturing of this product.
- This means gaps and over lapping of layers is very less as compared to all other grade plywood.
- Rating to this product (6/5)
- Above is the general classification of plywood in simple terms. However, it will be very difficult to understand deeply.
- We deal in all major varieties of Plywood.
- ALL major and well known Plywood brands of INDIA are associated with us. Such as Green Ply, Century Ply, Austin Ply.